Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WOW: Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. Bloggers can spotlight books that they are eagerly awaiting.

I confess, I am usually so buried under my TBR pile that I am not looking ahead at unreleased books. Even exciting new releases usually have to wait their turn. I buy the books I’m excited about but don’t manage to get to them right away (except for some special favorite, favorite authors whose books get devoured on day one–that means you Margaret Frazer!)

Moreover, I’m a historical fiction reader first and foremost. While I do read some contemporary fiction, it’s usually just to take a break and see what else is out there. So, on one of those forays, I read Sean Griswold’s Head by Lindsey Leavitt and I was charmed.


And here is Leavitt’s new book: Going Vintage, due out March 26, 2013l.



When Mallory discovers that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is cheating on her with an online girlfriend, she swears off boys. She also swears off modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to "go vintage" and return to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn't cheat on you online). She sets out to complete grandma's list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous. But the list is trickier than it looks. And obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how good Oliver (Jeremy's cousin) smells. But with the help of her sister, she'll get it done. Somehow. Lindsey Leavitt perfectly pairs heartfelt family moments, laugh-out-loud humor, and a little bit of romance in this delightful contemporary novel.

 

I can’t wait! Doesn’t it sound fun?

3 comments:

  1. I'm super excited about this one too! I've loved all of Leavitt's work and the idea behind this one is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks so gooooood. I'm really looking forward to it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks great! :)

    If you'd like, come check out my WoW at Between the Bind.

    xo,
    JL

    ReplyDelete