Friday, January 10, 2014

TBR PILE READING CHALLENGE- 2014

I've found TBR pile challenges to be very useful to me since I've started blogging. Like everyone else, I have too many books I've been meaning to read for too long sitting on my shelf, books I was very excited about reading at one point, but then I got distracted by something newer or more urgent. The TBR challenges are wonderful for sending me back to my own bookshelves. This year, I'm joining the challenge hosted by Bookish.



In short, only books from 2013 and earlier will count. For a full list of the rules and to sign up on the linky, go here.

The levels are:
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - First Kiss
31-40 - Sweet Summer Fling
41-50Could this be love?
50+Married With Children
I'm going to go for the Friendly Hug level. I'll shoot for 12 books. I should be able to average one a month, I hope. I'm not going to make a list ahead of time, mainly because I'm a bit disorganized at the moment (or always.)

Reviews will be linked back to Bookish and I'll also keep a running list here. Thanks to Bookish for hosting and good luck to all the participants!

1. Miss Buncle's Book by D.E. Stevenson
2. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
3. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
4. I, Claudius by Robert Graves
5. Where Things Come Back - John Corey Whaley
6. Theft of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan
7. Pere Goriot by Honore de Balzac
8. The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene
9. The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Leo Tolstoy
10. The Great Meadow by Elizabeth Madox Roberts
11. The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
12. Exit the Actress by Priya Parmar

1 comment:

  1. I should do one of these TBR challenges, although I'm spread a bit thin with things already. How does the TBR always grow despite the fact that we're always reading as much as we can??

    ReplyDelete