This is my final wrap-up post for the Back to the Classics Challenge hosted by Karen at Books and Chocolate.
I've completed all of the required AND all of the optional categories except for the movie review. I'm afraid I ran out of time before getting to see Howards End again and can't remember enough of it from when I saw it many, many years ago to review it. (So with this post I have two entries in the drawing.)
1. 20th century classic: Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
2. 19th century classic: Pere Goriot by Honore de Balzac
3. Classic by a Woman Author: The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
4. Classic in Translation: The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Leo Tolstoy
5. Classic About War: The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene
6. Classic by an Author who is New to Me: The Great Meadow by Elizabeth Maddox Roberts
1. American Classic: The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
2. Classic Historical Novel: I, Claudius by Robert Graves
3. Classic Mystery/Suspense: Study in Scarlet/Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
4. Classic Adapted into a Movie: Howards End by E.M. Forster
Thanks again to Karen for hosting. This is one of my most rewarding challenges. I'm looking forward to choosing my books for next year!