Sunday, December 20, 2015
The 2015 Back to the Classics Challenge was hosted by Books and Chocolate. (They will be hosting the 2016 challenge as well--I'm picking out my books now.)
I'm sorry to say I didn't complete the full twelve classics this year. (The culprit may be my new addiction to Netgalley.) But I'm determined to do better in 2016.
Here are the seven books I did complete:
1. 20th century classic: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
2. Classic in Translation: The Drinking Den by Emile Zola
3. Classic Novella: The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
4. Classic with a Person's Name in the Title: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
5. Humorous or Satirical Classic: A Damsel in Distress by P.J. Wodehouse
6. A Forgotten Classic: Sir Nigel by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
7. Classic Children's Book: Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
Thanks again to Books and Chocolate for hosting this wonderful challenge. It's a great incentive to read some of the books I've always wanted to read!